So the other day Rhaegan was in her room having "quiet time." She knows that during quiet time she has to stay in her room until her movie is over. If she comes out before then there are consequences. This time the consequence was she wouldn't be allowed to have an orange creamsicle, something she REALLY wanted.
So I'm getting out of the shower and in walks Rhaegan. I knew that her movie couldn't possibly be over so we started this conversation:
Me: Rhaegan, is your movie over?
Rhaegan: No, Mom. I just wanted to tell you something.
Me: Okay, Rhaegan, but now you can't have a orange Popsicle because you came out of your room before your movie was over.
Rhaegan: No Mom! I really want one (she's almost crying now).
Me: Okay, here's the deal. If you go back into your room and finish your movie without coming out again, then I will think about giving you a Popsicle. If you come out again though you don't get one.
Rhaegan: How about this, Mom. You don't think about it and just give me a Popsicle.
Who does she think she is? I did have to laugh though. She is too smart for her own good.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh My! I love it! She's a smart one.
I couldn't help but laugh. She is one smart girl. I'm sure she'll get more manipulative as she gets older too.
Hahaha that's my girl!! I am still laughing as I write this!!
What happened next?? Did the negotiator win?
My buddy Steve taught me that if you don't ask for what you want(i.e. he generally asks which desserts are free today when he is visiting a restaurant)or state your own desired outcome from a situation, you most likely won't get it....I'm glad she has learned this so early on. Guess we better harness that. Oh, and I must say that I have personally witnessed my buddy Steve get a lot of free things throughout the years just because he asked! Pretty smooth...
Boy, I needed a good laugh and it sounded just like you when you were her age.
Hilarious! Next time tell her you will take her to Aunt Kimmie's for a quesadilla if she comes out of her room! HA
HAHAHA Kimmie!!! I remember Rhaegan saying that when I was there. That is a good one Kendall. You should tell her what she HAS to have if she comes out!!
Post a Comment