Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thanks

I owe a huge "Thank you" to my wonderful Mom and sister. I know that there are women out there who can handle multiple kids with no problem whatsoever. I, on the other hand, can't even handle one so when little Marlee arrived I was beyond nervous just thinking about being a mother of two. I was so blessed to have help from my mom and sister for Marlee's first month of life. Krista was able to be here for 6 days which was probably way too many days in her opinion but for me it was wonderful. Rhaegan loves her aunt and was thrilled to spend so much one on one time with her. We had Cafe Rio multiple times and spent a lot of time playing 3 year old games. It was so nice to have her here.
My mom arrived a couple of days after Krista. So for about 4 days I had both of them here to help me. Having that many extra hands around was great. Rhaegan, of course, was spoiled beyond repair but that's what grandmas and aunts are for right.

(This is an old picture but I didn't have one from this trip. My mom took all the picture on her camera)
My mom was able to stay for 3 whole weeks. I know by the end of her stay she was completely ready to leave but I wasn't ready for her to go. She did more for me than she'll ever realize. Having her here made me feel sane and comfortable with the stress of 2 kids. Thank you, Mom for helping me get through the first month. I still want (and need) you here. Rhaegan misses you and continues to ask where you are. Feel free to come back whenever you want.
Thanks again, Krista and Mom. You are both the best. We love and miss you!



3 comments:

Kate said...

I wish we lived nearby. I'm glad Krista & your mom were able to be there. SO different from when Rhaegan was born... don't get me started! :)
Now you know why I insist on living near my sisters and mom. It's so great having them close by. Especially when new babies are born, or when someone is sick, etc. etc. etc.
I'm getting so sad just thinking about how much I wish we lived closer to you......

Krista Adamow said...

You are welcome! And you do know that I will need the same when I start having kids :) (ok, I know that might not be possible!) Miss you. Post some new pictures of MarPay!! He He He :)

mapacupps said...

I loved every minute (even the 2:00am minutes) being there. I just hope I didn't crowd you guys too much. I wish we did live a little closer but then the times we are together are really special. Thanks for a great three weeks and keep posting pictures.