Thursday, March 12, 2009

Rhaegan said what?

As everyone knows 3 year olds can definitely say the darnest things and Rhaegan is no exception. I haven't done a very good job at recording her every comment but the past couple of weeks she has been saying some pretty hilarious stuff.

1. At the hospital after Marlee was born Rhaegan was the first one to come in and see her. As she walks into the room she makes her way over to my bed and watches Marlee eat. As she stands there she says:
  • "Mom, Marlee's eating your booby."
  • "No Rhaegan, she's drinking her milk"
  • "Well...can she stop?"

2. Rhaegan was really upset the other day and walks into my bathroom with her head hanging pretty low. She looks up at me and says:

  • "Mom, I'm really upset"
  • "What happened? Why are you upset?" I ask
  • "Can Marlee go home now?"
  • "Marlee is home, sweetie. This is where she lives now."
  • "No no, Mom. Just go put her in the car. She can just live there."

That little story broke my heart a little bit but everyone keeps telling me not to worrying that it's completely normal. Rhaegan has actually been pretty good ever since Marlee came home. She has been acting out a little but I know it will end soon.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Poor Rhaegan! I am sure she'll get over it soon. I have no advice or anything... I haven't had to deal with jealous older siblings, luckily. Rhaegan can come and visit her cousins for a while, if she wants! ;)

Krista Adamow said...

I keep telling our friends about Rhaegan's reaction to you breast feeding Marlee in the hospital and everyone laughs! Ray Ray will completely adjust soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's just hilarious. I haven't done the best job recording funny things the kids say either, but boy, they just crack you up sometimes when they are little. Our baby is coming the end of April and we'll see how our 3-year-old does with him. My other kids were spaced further apart and it wasn't ever an issue.

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness. I was wondering about how she would feel having a baby around. It's hard when she's had all the attention for so long. She'll get used to it .. eventually .. in a year or two. =o)

I've always heard, from other moms, that when you have a new baby, it's good to go out on errands (grocery store, bank, out to lunch, etc.) with the older sibling and leave the baby at home with your hubby when you can. It gives you that one on one time that you used to have with Rhaegan. Plus, Marlee isn't going to remember that her mom was gone for a few hours, but Rhaegan will right now and she needs that time with you. (just a suggestion .. coming from a single child mom) =o)

Hope things are going great otherwise! You look amazing, by the way! Did I already say that in another comment? I love your family picture and I hate that you don't even look like you just have a baby.