Friday, February 13, 2009

Rhaegan's 1st Haircut

I'm sorry that these pictures are blurry but I only had my phone camera because of course I forgot my real camera. We decided it was time to cut Rhaegan's hair because it was down to her to the top of her bum and was so hard to wash, brush, style. She hates having her hair done so I thought maybe if we cut some off it wouldn't hurt as bad to comb it every morning.
We went to this adorable place called Cookie Cutters. They specialize in kids haircuts and have made their salon very kid friendly. Rhaegan got to play on this play set while waiting for her turn. Then when they called her name she got to pick out a movie to watch while getting her hair done (she picked Scooby-Doo. Go figure). Then they get to choose a car to sit in. She of course chose the pink car. You can tell from this picture how long her hair was. I told the girl to cut off 3 inches because I was too afraid to cut anymore. Shae was looking at me like I was crazy. He thought 6 or 7 inches would have been better. After she cut 3 I said okay maybe 2 more inches would be okay. So after 5 inches came off her hair was much healthier and more manageable.
You can't even tell (from this picture at least) how much really came off. She would let them style it so it looks pretty much the same. We did cut 5 inches off though. I swear. Luckily some of the curl is still there. Not nearly at much as before but it still has all it's volume. She wasn't the best costumer and I think I will learn to cut it for the next haircut.
I can't believe I waited 3 years to cut her hair. I am crazy.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cute and fits her better I think. It's funny to me with 3 boys to think about waiting until they are 3 to cut their hair. Oh, the aggravation of trying to cut (not buzz) a 12 or 18-month-old's hair! Be glad you are missing that. Good luck with the upcoming baby.

Krista Adamow said...

I think you should cute her hair up to her ears, perm it, and then gather it just along the top into a ponytail while keeping it really curly on the sides.... No? What is wrong with that? I sported that look for much of my childhood and everyone seemed to like it?... well my mom always told me I was beautiful :)

mapacupps said...

It was hard to see a difference, but I'm sure you have noticed one when you wash and comb her hair. I'm with Krista, you should cut it short like Krista wore her hair. It was really cute and easy.

Jess said...

WOW I can't believe her hair was that long! Looks adorable both lengths. :)

The Browers said...

I LOVE this place! We have been taking Mathias there since he was about 18 months old I think(the down side to having a boy, they need there hair cute every 6 weeks ish).

Hope You don't mind that I found your blog.

ours is:
http://brower-family.blogspot.com/
if you are interested.