Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ashly's Baby Shower

I had the privilege of throwing my best friend a baby shower last Thursday. She is having her 1st little girl so I thought she definitely needs something special. I was a little nervous because one, I've never thrown a baby shower before and I was afraid people would think it was dumb and two, I am not creative in the least bit so coming up with ideas for colors, center pieces, food, games, etc., was scary. However, I must say that with A LOT of help from my mom, Ashly's mom and sisters, and countless others I was able to pull off a pretty fun shower.

We had yummy homemade cakes and cookies. You can see one of the centerpieces there in the middle of the table.

This was one of the other centerpieces. I had 2 with brown ribbon and 3 with pink ribbon. I also included a little toy on top of each one.

The food was delicious thanks to Costco, Ashly's mom and sisters. Everything was great!

Ashly received a lot of wonderful gifts. I wasn't able to see them because i was cleaning up but I'm sure she loved them all!!

Thank you everyone who helped me. I really appreciated all of it. And thank you Ash for being pregnant and giving me the opportunity to throw my first baby shower. You're the best.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a beautiful shower! You did a great job. You look like a pro at this! Why didn't I get an invite? Ash and I are family! I should have been there. =o) Oh well .. maybe I'll just have to see the baby at the reunion for Thanksgiving. Miss you!

mapacupps said...

We might have helped, but you came up with the ideas and pulled it off. I was honored to be apart of it. Thanks Ashly for being such a great friend to Kendall.

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

What an adorable baby shower. They are a lot of work, but a lot of fun too. How are you feeling? I think we should have an informal baby shower for you and Amber once we find out what you are having!

MVP Family said...

You seriously are the greatest! I need to get the pics they turned out darling and make me want to have a shower all over again! Love ya and thanks for all you always do for me and the boys!

Ellie said...

kendall you did a fabulous job...ahh you are sooo creative. See you could totaly scrapbook! Thanks for putting this all together for Ash, she loved it along with all the friends that came.