Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Girl's Camp 2008

Well, here they are. The much anticipated camp pictures. I was able to finally round up some photos from my friend and assistant camp director Crystal (bottom row, last one on the right). I didn't take me camera to camp so now I'm relying on other for the pictures. I just had too much to remember that my camera didn't make the VIP list. Anyway, I ended up having a great time. I love all the girls in our ward. They are all so special and unique. I loved getting to know them. Of course we did have some tiffs along the way but that's to be expected with a bunch on teenage girls. Day one: group photo after the opening ceremony. The girl in front (Zoe) was one of my favorite girls. She was the one who complained the most but her personality was one you will never forget. She was awesome.
The girls had to perform a skit at other Day One evening ceremony. I had tried to get all the girls together to learn it before camp arrived but it never happen. There were only 3 on the 8 girls who even knew anything about the skit when we got to camp. Luckily they all worked together and made it happen. I was hilarious.
Day two: We had canoeing first thing this morning. The girls of course were saying they didn't want to go but once they got out there I think they enjoyed it. Here are all the leaders from our ward (Bart, Shae, Lymon, Crystal, Me, Stephanie, JoyAnn).
Hilarious photo: For those of you who know Shae you know how clean and particular he is. Well, getting the canoes into the water was a little "dirty" and this picture captured the major leg extension Shae took in order to keep his already dirty shoes from touching the mud. I love my husband.
Confidence Course: By far my favorite day of camp. The girls were amazing during this activity. They worked together and helped each other up and over this wall. There was no complaining, no name calling, it was great.
Camp was definitely a success. I really enjoyed myself. I just hope the girls had fun. There are more pictures so there might just have to be another entry to come.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I'm glad you had such a great time at Camp. I don't remember our girls camp being so much fun. Well .. it was a long time ago.

Kate said...

What a pretty place for camp! It looks like there were a lot of fun activities. I'm sure the girls all LOVED you.

Nick said...

Is this what you and Suzi did years ago?

Alyson said...

I am jealous! I don't have great memories of girl's camp as a young woman...so I only hope that Olivia's experience is different! And I hope she has a leader like you!

SELMA said...

Hey there...This is Selma from the ward, our husbands are home teaching companions. Just letting you know we blog as well and one blog leads to another....so I came across yours. I saw your girls camp photos..looks like you did a great job and the kids had fun!!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the good work!

mapacupps said...

My memories of girls camp was digging latrines, tree showers and sleeping under the stars on cow pies (poop). It wasn't a time to remember. Back then we really had to rough it. Maybe that's why I hate camping now.
Sure glad you had a good time, especially knowing how sick you were. The pictures are great.

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you're in young womens! I know you shouldn't have favorites, but it is my favorite place to be! Those girls are blessed to have such a good leader!