Monday, June 9, 2008
Worst Fear Realized!
So last Saturday was a pretty normal day. Rhaegan was unfortunately sick but she wasn't too bad. We went about the day running errands, taking Rhaegan to the carousel at the South Towne Mall, and preparing for our ward movie night, which we were in charge of. It was a busy day and Rhaegan was exhausted by the end of it. She went to bed at around 8 and we didn't hear a peep out of her all night. So....at about 745 the next morning I go into her room to make sure she was okay (she had had a high fever all day so I was a little concerned). I open her door and I notice that she's not in her bed. Not a problem, she's probably out in the living room or in the pantry finding something to eat. Nope!!! I look for about 4 minutes and can not find her. By now I am panicking. I run into the bathroom and tell Shae that I can't find Rhaegan. Of course he starts to freak out and jumps out of the shower to come help me find her. I was sure that someone had come into our house and taken her. I started crying and calling her name, but no answer came. I went back into her room and decided to look in her closet (which by the way is small and full of stuff. No way she could fit in there). Well....I was wrong. There in a little ball on top of her shoes was Rhaegan, sound asleep. I grab her and of course wake her up leaving her confused and wondering what the heck is wrong with my mom. The weird thing about it, though, was that the closet door was completely closed. It wasn't ajar at all. She had some how squeezed into that tiny space and had enough room to close the door behind her. We asked her why she was in her closet and her reply was, "cause I was crying at the door and no one came." I'm not sure what that meant but at least she's safe. I think I might have a sleep-walker on my hands!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
oh my gosh I couldn't even imagine the panic I would have felt if I couldn't find Cohen- I'm just glad you did find her before you ended up calling the police or something. Good thing these kids are so cute- because they make you worry and stress too much!
How scary!!! My heart was in my throat reading the story. But just like her mommy. Sure glad you found her.
Oh Rhaegan! That is a crazy story. At least she slept for a long time! (I am trying to think of positives)
That scared me just reading it. I am soooo glad you found her!
I can't imagine Kendall. That's too scary. I'm glad everything's okay.
AHHHH scary! I am so sorry. Like everybody I hate that feeling of panic and worry. Has she woken up much at 5am anymore? E has kind of stopped doing that...5:45am now. YUCK! The joys of being a mom.
I read this a few days ago, and I'm sorry I haven't commented yet. We have been busy.... ANYWAY, enough excuses...
I just read this again, and it STILL scares me to think about. You poor thing. I have "lost" my kids a couple of times (for just a FEW seconds...) and it is the worst feeling in the world. THE WORST.
Post a Comment