5 am wide wake and ready to play. I have tried everything I can think of to get her to stay asleep until at least 6 but nothing is working. I even kept her up until 10 (which is 2 hours later than her normal bedtime) but once 5 am rolls around she is up. I physically can't do this any longer. I would have to go to bed right when she does to get any good sleep and that wouldn't leave any time for just Shae and me. She is clearly over tired during the day too. She is whining more and throwing huge tantrums (which she never did before). I have been putting her down for a nap at around 10 am lately but she will only sleep for about an hour. WHAT DO I DO?!?!? Any suggestions?
Doesn't she look tired?
5 comments:
Drugs?! Just kidding. The only thing I can think of is changing her diet. (But what do I know). Have you tried asking her why she is getting up so early? Ask her if she is scared of something? Again, what do I know!!?
You could move to a new time zone.
Both of the above comments work for me. Of course, the time zone one would be perfect because that means she would be closer. And the drugs....I won't go there!
Is her room light in the early morning? Put some dark curtains up and maybe that will help. Other from that you can try to restructure her sleeping time. No naps at all, even in the morning, bed at 7:00, and hopefully she will start to adjust to it. She could likely be going through some sort of growth slowdown where she needs less sleep, and that will pass. We are losing our alone time at night, too, but it's because the older kids are getting older and want to stay up later. Unfortunately that's not going to change and probably just get worse since we are 2 years off from having a teenager. Oh well.
ahhhhhhhhhhh! so crazy...so has E. how weird is that. so this is what i have been doing because i finally got sick of getting up at 5am for almost a week. i told her she had to go back to sleep and could NOT get up out of her bed and if she did no Dora or HI-5. the first 2 mornings were lets say hard (understatement), but as of 2 mornings ago 6:45am that is an improvement.Good Luck!
Post a Comment