Monday, December 29, 2008

Miracle At Texas Roadhouse

Tonight I experienced a true miracle. We decided to go out to a steak dinner for our last night it Ohio. So Shae, Rhaegan and I piled into my mom's car and off we went to good old Texas Roadhouse. Of course there was a 20 minute wait so we took a seat amongst all the peanuts and patiently waited for our number to show up on the screen. My hands were super dry so I asked my mom for some lotion. I hate getting lotion in my ring so I took it off and must have set it in my lap (I know, stupid move). I got distracted somehow (having a 3 year old can do that) and when our number was called I stood up and walked to our table. After our dinner we left the restaurant and started driving home when I realized the empty finger on my left hand. I immediately started rummaging through my purse, my pants pockets, everywhere I could think to look. I got that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach and said, "Shae I can't find my ring." My dad quickly turned the car around and headed back to the restaurant. I just knew it wouldn't be there. In our economic state a nice diamond ring could offer quite a bit of assistance to someone in need. When we pulled into the parking lot my mom and I jumped out and ran in, my mom heading up to the reception desk and I made my way to the waiting area. We looked all over but found nothing. The girls at the desk said no one had turned in a ring so it seemed like all hope was lost. Then one of the managers came over and said, "what are you looking for?" I told her and after describing the ring to her she said, "wait here, I'll go get it for you." It took everything I had to hold back the tears. She returned with my ring and a business card of the amazing man who found it and turned it in. I cried my eyes out the minute a stepped out the doors. My guardian angel goes by the name of Mr. Palmer. I owe him so much and will forever be thankful for his honesty and kindness.

(Update: I have contacted Mr. Palmer and he responded back saying he's very happy he was able to help and hopes Shae and I have safe flight back home. What a great guy!!)

5 comments:

Krista said...

Wow that is an amazing story. Have you contacted Mr. Palmer to thank him??

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get it back. There's that half sick that you lost something so valuable and half (or more) sick that you lost something so personal. I've lost my ring a couple of times, luckily just in my house, and each time I swear I'll never take it off again, but then I do. You'd think I'd learn!

mapacupps said...

This account sounded quite calm, but needless to say it was not. But everywhere we checked, even around the table we ate at, the patrons were so helpful and concerned. They even got on their hands and knees (among all the peanut shells) to help us look.
But like Kendall said, there are a still a few very honest people in this world and thank heavens for them. Life at home would have been A LOT different had the ring not turned up.

Unknown said...

You must be doing something right sweetie to have such luck!

Alyson said...

Stories like that reinforce that there are indeed many good people in the world. So glad you found it!
And I'll bet from now on, you won't care if you get lotion in your ring!
Happy New Year!