Saturday, October 11, 2008

My New Favorite Thing

I've decided that each week I'm going to blog about "my new favorite thing" for that week. This entry may seem a little weird to some people but if you are a parent and if you believe in flu shots for your kids then you will appreciate (or understand) this particular "favorite" of mine.
Yesterday I made an appointment for Rhaegan to get her flu shot. We prepared her for the little pinch and the awesome Band Aid she would get afterward. She was totally okay with the whole concept (well, she probably had no clue what was really going to happen). We get to the doctor's office and they say, "do you want the nasal spray or the shot?" "There's a nasal spray?" I said. Well shoot, lets do the spray. It lasts an entire year (the shot only last 6-8 months) and it doesn't hurt. Rhaegan was so good. She just sat there and let them squirt the mist up each nostril. That is why this week my new favorite thing in FluMist!

(I know, this picture is weird and creepy all rolled into one but it's the only one I could find.)

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love your new layout!

mapacupps said...

How nice is that? I remember lining up at school to get our shots. All the kids were crying, it really was creepy. They have come a long way.

Family of Fun said...

Thanks for sharing that little favorite. Sharing secrets between moms is what makes our job much easier. I hope you don't mind that I found your blog. Shae and I are like sister and brother, and it is nice to see how his life is going. Congrats on baby #2 on its way. Good for you guys! Shae's not getting any younger!!! :]