Thursday, July 31, 2008

Since I'm not in North Carolina......

Technically I should be enjoying some major beach fun right now, but since I'm not I better keep up with the normal blogging. Last week, Shae's parents were in town to help welcome their newest granddaughter (Shae's brothers newest daughter) so we got to spend some time with them. We ended up doing so many fun things even though it was 100 degrees pretty much everyday. I've come to realize that I HATE the heat unless I'm at the beach. Anyway, we decided to try out this new amusement park thing called Liberty Land. It is in Lehi right off of
I-15. It was a blast. There was nobody there and Rhaegan was even able to ride the big roller coaster (with me sitting next to her of course). I wasn't really expecting it to go so fast but it did and Rhaegan loved it. She even had her hands in the air like a true roller coaster pro.

The bumper boats were a huge hit. We got wet which helped us all cool off a little. Rhaegan thought they were "so cool" as she put it.

You can't see Rhaegan but we are in the front car coming around one of the big turns, Shae was trying to catch at least one good picture of Rhaegan on the ride but she was too small to be seen over the front car.

We also enjoyed some time is good old "Farm Country" at Thanksgiving Point. Rhaegan decided to be a little cowgirl. I couldn't resist a picture.

As you all know Rhaegan loves animals and was in heaven with all the different breeds at the farm. She wanted to touch and feed them all. She even got to ride a pony all by herself. Of course my camera ran out of batteries so I didn't get any pictures of it. We really had a lot of fun. Thank you, Reed and Jackie.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Cute! So wait, does this park allow a 2 1/2 year old girl to ride on an adult rides? I am confused. I am assuming the rides are not like anything at Kings Island (45 days whoop whoop!) but still. Is that safe? EXPLAIN!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having a great summer! Can't believe how stinkin' hot it is out there. It's a beautiful 75 degrees here. Just perfect Fremont weather ya know? Do you miss it? =o) We miss you!!

Nick said...

Great hat. Miss you in NC.

mapacupps said...

Even though we would have rather had you guys with us at the beach, you looked like you were having a great time. Rhaegan is just too cute.
See you in 44 days!

Kate said...

That place looks FUN! Cute pictures. I'd also like to know the answer to Krista's question.

We're trying to figure out when we can go to Cincinnati. I'm not finding any good deals when Tyson has "Fall Break" because it falls over a holiday weekend (Columbus Day). Maybe we could overlap with your trip there.

I did finally get your message and I'll call you tomorrow. My cell battery was dead for a couple of days, but I was pretty much home the whole time so I didn't think of it. SORRY. I should have called you by now. I'm a bad friend. Love you!

Ellie said...

My sisters just told me about Liberty Land and they LOVED it! Next trip to Utah I am going there. Very cute pics!