Last weekend was our ward's annual camp out and Shae and I decided (pretty much at the last minute) we would try out the whole camping thing with Rhaegan for the first time. I was a little bit nervous because when I don't get enough sleep the next day is pretty much the day from you know where. I really thought Rhaegan would enjoy an exciting new adventure and so I told myself "one night won't kill me." Well...we didn't sleep but it was a lot of fun. Our tent was on a major slope so we kept ending up at the bottom of the tent on top of each other. It was also really cold and I hadn't prepared our family for the drastic weather change. Rhaegan was layer is all the clothes I had brought for her. It all turned out okay and we survived and what's even more amazing is so did Rhaegan. I think we might just try camping again some day.
Rhaegan loved the tents. It was like her own little fortress.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Annual Ward Campout
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think camping is ALWAYS fun for kids. No matter what age. I'm glad you survived. I'm not good on little sleep either. But what is one night huh? Lots of cute pictures and great memories! Miss you!
Oh .. and I can't vote on your "How many cities have you lived in?" because I've only lived in 2 and it's not one of the options. =o)
I'm glad you guys had such a good time camping because grandma HATES it. It's the preparation, no sleep and then the clean up. Hampton Inn always has my vote. Loved the pictures.
Camping IS a lot of work... but it's so much fun. And the kids LOVE it. Who wouldn't? Tents, dirt, fires... I'm so glad you went. And you survived to tell the tale!!
Post a Comment