Monday, May 5, 2008
Our Little Night Owl
We have a night owl on our hands. Rhaegan has started this little trend of getting up in the middle of the night (always around 2:30 or 3) saying she wants to watch a movie or have some Eggos. The first two times it was okay because I thought this won't last, it's just a phase. Unfortunately, I was very wrong. It has now been 2 weeks and it's still happening every night. We don't let her watch a movie and we don't feed her but she still seems to think that maybe one of these times she'll get lucky and we'll give in. Last night was the last straw for me. I told her she had to stay in bed and that was her only option. She of course she screamed and cried but I kept her in her room. About 20 minutes went by when all the sudden we see a light coming from her room. She had turned on her light and was quietly reading books on her toy box. I quit!! She can do whatever she wants just as long as it's in her room and it doesn't wake me up.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That's so funny, but only because it's not my child. :) I know I'd be so mad about it. Eggos or a movie? She's seriously hilarious. I love her!!! And she'll get over it. Maybe. Sam still goes through phases. At least one week out of every month... he's suddenly in our bed at 3 a.m. But after a few days, he stays in his own bed all night for a couple of weeks. And then he's back to getting up in the night. So random. I'm with you... I don't care as long as it's not waking me up.
I guess it's time to say good bye to those afternoon naps/rests. Bribe her with one of her eggs, she will get it in the morning if she stays in her room all night. She's too cute to get mad at. Love you guys!
Ah, the terrible 2's! We are there, too, but haven't moved out of the crib yet, so have yet to cross into that fun territory. Have to agree with your mom - time to cut out the afternoon nap, painful as it is (for you).
I just started getting a full night's sleep the last two nights in a row. Knock on wood!! I've loved it! Mallory's always been an on-again, off-again sleeper. It's probably because she's in our room still and she knows I'll just reach over and pick her up and bring her in our bed. With kids, everything is "just a phase" .. so of course it's easy to say, "She'll grow out of it." Good luck! Miss you!
Hi from Kate's sister - Rhaegan is such a cutie! Great idea about making her a "big girl bed" - it looks like that's working out great! I mean, if she was staying asleep at night :)
silly rhaegan! E still takes an afternoon nap, but i have her lay down at 11:30am (she wakes up at 6:30) this way by 8pm she is more tired. so far the past 2 weeks it has worked. as you can tell i am not ready to give up the afternoon nap! yikes!
Post a Comment