Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Marlee

From the beginning I knew there was going to be something special about this little girl. She arrived in this world with so much personality it was scary. Her spiky hair was her first unique trait. Everyone would comment on it when they saw her even if it wasn't for the first time. It lasted for about 3 months and I have to say I miss it. She started growing up super fast. I feel like I missed a lot of her baby phase. Probably because I'm always anxious for that phase to end. She was a very happy baby but you would have never known that based on her ability to laugh because she still has yet to let out a major giggle.

(Yes those shoes are way too big)
She loves playing with Rhaegan and by "playing" I clearly mean bother. She is so good at giving Rhaegan a run for her money. She plays the innocent card which inevitably leads to Rhaegan getting into trouble. Kind of sounds like a Nick and Quinten situation


She loves to get into everything. I am constantly cleaning up a mess somewhere in my house thanks to this little lady. She knows how to turn the Directv box on and off and will constantly push the button at the most annoying times. She sits back and smiles as we are fumbling with the controllers trying to turn our shows back on. Making a mess while eating is another favorite. I know it's completely normal for a one year old to throw food but Marlee puts a whole to meaning to the word "throw." If I find hunks of food in my light fixtures I'm not surprised.

We have several nicknames for her. Hopefully she knows her real name because we rarely use it. Some of her "other" names include Goose, Marpeys, Pey Pey, Love bug, sister, Marla (that's all Rhaegan), crazy girl, and many more. She is such a sweet girl and we love her so much.
Happy Birthday, Marlee!!

6 comments:

Ellie said...

happy birthday! =)

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

WOW I can't believe it has been a year!!! That is so crazy- she of course is still gorgeous and what a fun personality- you girls seem so opposite. I hope you are all feeling better and we still need to get together!

mapacupps said...

Happy Birthday Marlee. Those are great pictures, hope she has a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

I really can NOT believe she is one! That just flew right on by. Goodness! Happy Happy Birthday Marlee Dear!

emily+brett said...

yay for marlee!! she is a total absolute doll. my favorite was when her dark hair was growing out and the blonde was coming it. that was so rad. hope she has a fab day!

Kate said...

I have to agree that the year flew by! Can't believe she's ONE! Happy birthday!ka