Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sign of Boredom

Unfortunately I don't have a picture to go along with this blog because I was too mad t think about grabbing the camera. Now that several days have passed I can laugh about it and hopefully remember the camera next time (there will not be a next time though). So here's the story:
For those of you who may not completely know Rhaegan here's a little summery of her so you're in the right frame of mind while reading this story. She hates being dirty. She stresses out whenever she spills a drop of anything. And she definitely knows where to use markers, crayons, nail polish, etc. Well, the other day Shae was working in our bedroom and I was somewhere cleaning (as usual). Rhaegan and Marlee were quietly playing in Rhaegan's room. There is normally no cause for concern when there isn't too much noise coming from her room. However, this particular day was different. After a little while Shae walks into the room to check on the girls and finds Marlee covered in bright pink lipstick. She is laughing and so is Rhaegan so when Shae brings Marlee in to show me we both start chuckling as well. We clean off Marlee and they continue to play. About 10 minutes later Shae walks in again because he smells nail polish. This is when all "you know what" breaks lose. There is hot pink nail polish all over the walls, on the carpet, on Rhaegan's vanity, on several of her toys and I'm sure many other places. There is also lipstick on the walls. There are no words to describe my reaction to this discovery. I was FURIOUS!! Rhaegan has NEVER done anything like this in her 4 years of life. This is something a 2 year old does out of sheer curiosity. What's Rhaegan's excuse? She just felt like doing it is what she says. The only thing I can think of it she is bored. What am I suppose to do to fill each and everyday with back to back activities? I am still in shock over the whole incident. Hopefully it was a one time thing (I know I do have Marlee to worry about). The nail polish came off of almost everything with the help of nail polish remover. It also, however, removed the paint on her walls. The lipstick will not come off the walls. I have tried everything. So now her walls have a little bit of art on them. Crazier things have happened to most of you I'm sure but this is a brand new development for me. And I have to say, I'm not loving it.

5 comments:

Krista said...

Testing those boundaries! You should ask mom about some of the crazy stuff we did at that age. Remember when you almost made me blind? Or when we just felt like chopping all of hair off our barbie dolls? I miss being a kid!!

Leslie said...

Did you try Magic eraser? That took lipstick off our walls. So sorry! You will definitely laugh about it someday. Call me the next time Rhaegan is bored - she can come play with Emmy.

mapacupps said...

What until Marlee comes out of the room bald because Rhaegan tried to give her a hair cut!!!!

Krista Adamow said...

Did Kendall do that to me Mom?

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Not something I've had to deal with yet .. and hopefully won't. Gosh. That's crazy. Pictures would have been good. =o) I know it's not something you think of at the time. I'm sure all you were thinking of was trying not to beat your child. =o)