Sunday, November 9, 2008

When Grandma comes to town...

My mom arrived in Utah on Thursday and everyday since then has been filled with fun and surprises. Her parents (Oma and Opa Plumb) celebrated their 55th wedding anniversary last month so all the kids decided to throw them a surprise party. My mom and her sisters arrived on Wednesday and Thursday and then it was off to preparing the special event. Friday we shopped and shopped and, oh yeah, shopped some more. Along with the food and decorations for the party our purchases included a new big girl bed for Rhaegan!!! She has still been in her crib and I figured since there is another child on the way it was probably about time to promote Rhaegan to a big bed. She loves it (well jumping on it at least).I loved this picture because it shows everyone how long her hair is. I just can't bring myself to cut it yet.
The big SURPRISE... my brother and his family decided last minute to make the long drive up to the party without telling my mom. The look on her face when they walked through my front door was priceless. I think the words "oh my crap" came out of her month at least 4 times. It was so much fun.


Then it was off to cooking. Well my mom did the cooking and I did the cleaning up. She made two salads that were both amazing. I will post the recipes later.


And of course Rhaegan was so excited to see her cousins. We hadn't seen Paige since she could walk so that was an extra treat for us.

5 comments:

Pam said...

What fun for you! I'm glad the Arizona Cupps family arrived safely. Have a great time and let Grandma spoil away!

Krista said...

Josh and I wish we could be there... really really badly. Your baby bump is super cute. P.S. Have you guys already surprised Oma and Opa yet? Doesn't Oma read these blogs???

Anonymous said...

So fun! Looks like you guys are having a blast. I can't believe how long Rhaegan's hair is! That's crazy. I wouldn't want to cut it either.

mapacupps said...

Yes it was a great weekend, full of surprises. I love the picture of Paige. Thanks for a great time and all of your help with the cooking.

Unknown said...

We were sure glad to see Kate and Quinten in Utah! It's nice to have visitors from Kendall's side of the family. You are all welcome to visit anytime.....Tom, thanks for the continual weekly calls!...when you retire try to get that jet out of P & G so you and Karen can come visit more often.