Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Farewell to the Pacifier!

The Binky finally gone. After almost three years Rhaegan has finally parted with her favorite little friend. I have to defend myself and Rhaegan is saying that for the past 18 months she has only use a pacifier for sleeping. We never took it anywhere. It just stayed in her bed and was her little comfort. I admit that the transition from Binky to no Binky was harder for me than Rhaegan. She was still my little baby when I would see her with it in her mouth. Now it's gone and she is officially a "big girl." She's had it since day one and has loved it dearly.
We will miss the "baby Rhaegan" but we're glad she's growing up so nicely.


Farewell "Dalpy!"
(that is what she called it when she was little)




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a big deal. I know how you feel. Mallory hasn't asked for it once though since we got rid of it. They just move on .. grow up .. and start driving and dating huh? Crazy!

mapacupps said...

I loved that stage when then went from bottles/binky's to "big" girl things. Without the binky we can see her darling face.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you have to tell me how you did this. I took the pacifier away from my other kids when they were about 18 months and they had fits in their cribs but settled themselves down eventually and went to sleep and after a few days it was done. With Aaron I waited too long. By the time I tried it with him (a few months after his 2nd birthday) he could already climb out of the crib, so when he was upset he would just get out and demand it. Not good. Now he is in a toddler bed and I really don't know how to get rid of it. He adores that thing. We never take it out of the house and I try to stash them unless it's sleeping time, but he will find it or I will give in if I'm trying to work and he is being whiny. Not good either, I know. He's not old enough to reason with yet about "big boys" so I'm at a loss on how to get rid of it. How did you do it???

Kate said...

Rhae Rhae is growing up way too quickly! Was is hard? You have to give more details!!! :)

Kate said...

I also meant to say that those are some darling photos!!