So growing up my dad had to rub my legs every night because of those so called "growing pains." I still get them and I know I'm not getting any taller (wider maybe but not taller). So I truly believe that they are something else but that's beside the point. I unfortunately passed this wonderful pain on the my daughter. Last night Rhaegan wakes up crying so I go in to see what's wrong and all she can say is "my leg, my leg." I start to rub it and immediately her eyes close and she starts to fall back to sleep. Once I stopped, though, she was up and complaining again. I know that it was the first episode but I still can now sort of imagine what my dad went through for my comfort. Thanks, Dad!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Mysterious Leg Pain
Ok...this picture has nothing to do with my post but I just love it and wanted to include something instead of just text. This was my little Rhaegan the day she was born. My good friend Stefanie took it and I love it. Okay, moving on...
So growing up my dad had to rub my legs every night because of those so called "growing pains." I still get them and I know I'm not getting any taller (wider maybe but not taller). So I truly believe that they are something else but that's beside the point. I unfortunately passed this wonderful pain on the my daughter. Last night Rhaegan wakes up crying so I go in to see what's wrong and all she can say is "my leg, my leg." I start to rub it and immediately her eyes close and she starts to fall back to sleep. Once I stopped, though, she was up and complaining again. I know that it was the first episode but I still can now sort of imagine what my dad went through for my comfort. Thanks, Dad!!

So growing up my dad had to rub my legs every night because of those so called "growing pains." I still get them and I know I'm not getting any taller (wider maybe but not taller). So I truly believe that they are something else but that's beside the point. I unfortunately passed this wonderful pain on the my daughter. Last night Rhaegan wakes up crying so I go in to see what's wrong and all she can say is "my leg, my leg." I start to rub it and immediately her eyes close and she starts to fall back to sleep. Once I stopped, though, she was up and complaining again. I know that it was the first episode but I still can now sort of imagine what my dad went through for my comfort. Thanks, Dad!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I remember that day .. when we went to visit you at the hospital. Rhaegan was SO tiny. I still can't believe how fast you went into labor and had her. Crazy.
I feel so bad for Rhaegan. That's awful to be in pain like that. Poor thing.
Sometimes the leg pains can be lack of circulation, but in a little one they CAN be growing pains. Our little sprout, Kimberly, who is 4 1/2 and a GIANT for her age - 44" (99% for height - Dad is 6'5", so that helps), she gets those cramps every night. I feel your leg pains! Mine are the cause of poor circulation! Take a hot bath before you go to bed, if that's possible! Congrats to both of you - well, all three of you! :]
Whatever it is, I think it's genetic. Tyson started getting leg pains when he was 2 and he STILL wakes up in the middle of the night sometimes complaining about his legs. Poor guy! Poor Rhaegan.
That picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!
When I was young and would have pains during the night, Karen would come in and smack me and tell me to grow up. So your lucky your Dad came in to comfort you.
Try giving them a banana before bed.
I can't believe it has already been 3 years!
The leg pains are genetic. Dad still has leg pains and I have to deal with the kicking every night. Sorry that it has been passed down.
Don't believe anything Kenneth said. I was the best big sister he could ever have. But his banana idea is actually a good one.
I would also like the thank dad for the giving us the "junk in our trunk"... you know the booty. Thanks dad and Josh thanks you too :)
Post a Comment