Saturday, July 20, 2013

Harper's 1st Birthday!!

I can't believe this day actually arrived. I much as I enjoyed watching Harper today playing with her new toys or watching her smile as we sang to her, I was also sad that she is no longer my little baby. It's really not fair that babies have to grow up. 
We decided to throw her an Under the Sea party because she is constantly sleeping with her stuffed octopus Oscar. It was fun not having the usual pink, princessy party. I loved making the cake and cupcakes.
I also love having a child with a summer birthday because now I can finally have pool/beach themes. We had two pools, a slip n slide and beach balls to complete our backyard pool party.
Harper got so many fun things. She of course didn't get to open any of her present because she had plenty of little helpers sitting right next to her. She didn't mind one bit though. 
This was one of her favorite presents. It plays music at the push of a button and whenever those tunes start playing her little body starts dancing. 
It was 103 degrees outside so we were all completely covered in sweat but I needed to have a picture with my little lady.
The party wouldn't be complete without her famous stink face.
It didn't take her long to realize how fun it is to completely destroy the cake. I hate that she's getting older but she is always going to be my little baby. 

No comments: