When I think of someone in my life who has help me during the difficult times and who has been there to celebrate during the happy times it is my mom. She is an amazing person inside and out and on this Mother's Day I want everyone (well the people who read my blog) to know what a wonderful person she is. Here are the top 32 (one for each year she's been a mom) things that make my mom so special.
1. She never complains about anything (unless you choose the slow line at the grocery store)2.When you need something she never hesitates to lend a hand.
3. If you ask her to play outside in the snow she won't. She likes to look at it from inside.
4. Her favorite show is Law & Order
5. She adores her grandkids
6. Her N.C. t-shirts are all she wears when we're in North Carolina.
8. She loves wearing jeans and t-shirts
9. Diet Coke is her drink of choice
10. She decided to go back to school when we were young and ended up getting her Masters Degree. Go Mom!
11. I have never spent a day with my mom when she wasn't suffering from a major headache (you would never know though because she never complains)
12. She was my swim coach for my whole swimming career.
13. She was voted nicest legs in college (or high school I don't remember)
14. She has always had a strong testimony and has never been afraid to share it with others
15. Her bedtime snack is a bowl of cheerios with chocolate
16. She exercises all the time. She use to get up at like 430am to spin before she had to leave for work
17. She never judged any of the people we brought home. I'm sure she was wanting to say something about a few of them but she held her tongue
18. Her favorite season is winter. She loves the snowy, cold weather
19. She was always at our sporting events (mainly because she was the coach). She loves to watch her grandkids play their sports as well.
20. Whenever she visits Utah or Arizona she love getting the Pork Salad from Cafe Rio.
22. She is an amazing cook. She makes the best gingerbread, cinnamon rolls, cheese potatoes, roast and mashed potatoes, meatloaf, etc, etc.
23. She has a wild side to her. She knows how to bust a move on the dance floor if the right song comes on.
24. She is amazing a playing the piano. I love listening to her when she sits down to play a Yanni piece.
24. She is amazing a playing the piano. I love listening to her when she sits down to play a Yanni piece.
26. She hates clutter especially things on her kitchen counters or her stairs
27. If you were to walk into her room you would never find an article of clothing on the floor (unless my dad was just in there) or the bed unmade
28. She was against getting any animals when we were young but eventually caved and each animal we've had has been her best friend at one point in time
29. I once went with her to the store to buy a couple of things but when we got there I realized the couple of things she was talking about were condoms and bananas for her health class at school.
30. She loves my dad more than anything and we have never doubted that
31. If I asked my mom to be in the delivery room with me when I was having a baby she would say "NO!"
32. And the final thing that makes my mom the greatest mom ever:
She raised some pretty good-looking kids!!!


7 comments:
And my Survivor Buddy for the last 10 years!!
I kept wondering who you were talking about until I got to the condoms/bananas. Thanks so much for the wonderful tribute. It has not been hard to be a "good" mom when I have had such wonderful, thoughtful and amazing children, children-in-law and husband. I sure love all of you.
Thanks again Kendall
I forgot that Krista had been using my computer and was signed into her gmail account. So the above comment from Krista is really from me. Sorry for the confusion.
Ahh... that was sweet. :) Cute idea. I enjoyed catching up on your family... including the little nudist. Ha! Made me laugh. :) Glad all is well. Loves.
loved this kendall. you're so good. and i love your mom too. lots!
What a great post Kendall! You sure do have a wonderful mom! I miss her dearly here in NY. She is quite the character! Not only did she raise some good-looking kids, but you're all great people too! I remember her telling me about how the bananas got mushy toward the end of the school day, she wondered if she should try zucchinis instead! :o)
You have an awesome mom, it's true. :)
Post a Comment