Monday, October 17, 2011

What the...?


Ok, so this is by far the craziest spider I have ever encountered. Rhaegan spotted her while we were picking raspberries on Saturday. She said, "Mom, there's a big yellow spider over here. Come see!" Of course when my kids say big their frame of reference it's exactly up to scale. I walked over to where this "big, yellow" spider was and this is what I saw.


I didn't have anything to put next to it to show its true size but it was seriously huge. If I would have smashed it, it would have been like smashing a small mouse. GROSS!

I of course had to find out what kind of spider this really was and if it was dangerous. Apparently it's a St. Andrews Cross spider and is very low-risk. They are basically very lazy spiders. Well, thank goodness for that information. Anyway, it was definitely an amazing find.

No comments: