Friday, September 2, 2011

Sequence of events

So this morning around 1 am we were awakened by Marlee screaming with major leg pain. This is a common occurrence in our house. I have always suffered from severe pain in my legs so of course one of our kids had to inherit that. We gave her some medicine and within 20 minutes she was back asleep. My head had just hit the pillow when I hear, "Mom, my stomach hurts." Rhaegan is sleeping at the foot of our bed (we were at Shae's brother's house for the weekend). I tell her she's probably just hungry and to go back to sleep. She keeps insisting her stomach hurts really bad and she thinks she needs a bowl just in case she needs to throw up. Shae humors her and goes up stairs to look for a bowl. When he gets back downstairs he just has enough time to set the bowl on the floor in front of Rhaegan's face when the vomit starts flowing. That first episode happened around 1:50 and from then on every hour was welcomed with another vomit session. This poor little 40 pound girl was so weak by the time 7 am rolled around I had to carry her upstairs to lay her on the couch. She continued to throw up every 40 minutes until 10 am. I was so preoccupied with Rhaegan that I forgot about Marlee. So at around 815 I realized oh my goodness I haven't gotten Marlee out of bed yet. As I open her door she immediately says Mom, go out. Don't look. Ok that sentence is never welcomed with something pleasant and of course why should this time be any different. Smeared all over the sides of her mesh pack n' play is POOP!!!! I mean seriously. This is not what I needed after a night filled with vomit. I throw her in the shower, run upstairs to help Rhaegan throw up again and then head back downstairs to get Marlee's bed cleaned up. Shae cleans Marlee off, gets her dressed and joins everyone upstairs. Rhaegan is so tired and weak and her throwing up has now turned into dry-heaving. It is still so violent that her eyes are blood-shot and she's sweating buckets. She goes about 2 hours without throwing up and I think we are in the clear when a spell of diarrhea starts. I have never seen my little girl this sick and it's breaking my heart to watch. She falls asleep for about 2 hours and wakes up feeling a little better, sore but better. Luckily that was the end of her episodes. She is still so weak and tired but at least her body can rest. This was a Friday I could have lived without.

3 comments:

Colleen Noble said...

OH NO!!!!! I hope the girls get back to feeling better, and that you, Mama, get some better rest tonight. Hugs!

Steve, Crystal, Cohen and Carson said...

Oh my gosh I feel for you! Last week Cohen and I both got the stomach flu and we each threw up once and then we were better after that- well Carson wakes up Wednesday night at 11pm and throws up every half hour until 4:30! I seriously did like 8 loads of laundry all night long because we had to keep him awake so Steve and I were both up all night-ugh! Seriously it is the WORST ever and it is so sad when your little ones are sick! And I seriously think you deserve a pedicure! And it sounds like you weren't even home! Sorry Kendall hopefully you guys don't get it too!

emily+brett said...

so sad! nothing worse then seeing your child suffering like that. at least shae was there to help out! that would have been awful to deal with by yourself.