Monday, May 9, 2011

The Stray

So for those of you who think Shae hates animals and has OCD about touching them, well here's a story for you. We have three adorable kittens living under my parent's sun room. Their mom is still with them even though they are probably about 10 weeks old. We have been feeding them and so have our neighbors on both sides of us. We have been trying to catch the kittens for the past 2 weeks so we could give them to good homes. They are sooooo fast so we thought it might just be an impossible task. However, tonight we finally caught "Boots". And who was the FIRST one out there holding him trying to calm him down? SHAE!!! He scooped him up and held him like a little baby. He kept him in his arms for probably a good 10 minutes before he gave all of us a turn. I couldn't believe my eyes. My hopes of getting an animal when we have our own place have gone way up!

We tried giving him ham and cat food but he was too scared to even sniff it.


Awww...Shae's gentle touch


My mom wanted a turn cuddling with him too.


Rhaegan is a natural when it comes to loving animals. Boots finally calmed down after a little while. He is the cutest little thing.

4 comments:

emily+brett said...

totally shocked! that is really cute though. something about seeing a man get all cuddly with an animal is so cute.

Family of Fun said...

Ha ha! I love it! What you don't know about Shae is that although they never OWNED a cat (they had horses, and dogs, and a donkey, etc) their neighbors DID! AND he spent a fair share of time playing with the cats at our house...so don't let him kid you. There is a soft side to him for animals! (It's just a "guy thing" to not like cats) But at least they bury their mess so you don't have to walk in it in the yard, they eat the mice before they get into your house, and they don't jump up on you and lick you!

Family of Fun said...

I don't have any contact information for him now that you are living far away. I meant to wish him a Happy Birthday a week ago, but I missed it. Please pass a long the word for me! (I should have just commented on the blog then, but didn't think about it...but I definitely didn't forget his birthday) Glad to see your beautiful family growing! :)

Mills Family said...

Yeah Shae!!! Nacho broke you in didn't he? Now, if I could just stop the white hair from shedding that would be awesome. Rhaegan your a natural!