Shae and I were able to take a much needed vacation/over-nighter up to the windy city of Chicago. My mom and dad were so great to watch our girls so we could enjoy the trip even more. My sister and her husband live in Chicago and had been down in Cincinnati visiting us. Krista needed a ride back so we jumped at the opportunity (well jumped might be stretching it. I was a little nervous because I hate leaving my kids for any amount of time). After we had been driving for a couple of hours we decided to stop and the best chicken joint known to man, Chick-Fil-A. We of course had to take a quick picture by the huge cow. Unfortunately the utter was being blocked so we had to improvise.
There were two places we had to see once we got to Chicago. Shae was dying to see the United Center which features a life size statue of Michael Jordan. He was like a kid on Christmas morning standing in front of it. So Cute!!
We were then off to Harpo Studios where the Oprah Winfrey Show is taped. I had to see it! I was myself a little gitty.


Then once we had seen everything we wanted to see we had some famous deep dish pizza and headed back to their apartment (which is the cutest apartment ever). We relaxed and then got some ice cream and walked the 7 or so blocks to see President Obama's house. It was really cool to see all the security and barricades to protect it.
Then once we had seen everything we wanted to see we had some famous deep dish pizza and headed back to their apartment (which is the cutest apartment ever). We relaxed and then got some ice cream and walked the 7 or so blocks to see President Obama's house. It was really cool to see all the security and barricades to protect it.
4 comments:
i've been trying to tell you that for years...you just have to do it once, and then you'll willingly do it again and again! glad you had fun, im still in shock you actually did it though.
Wow, Harpo's? Did you go inside and see Oprah? I guess not or you would have for sure posted a picture. Glad you had a fun trip, we had a great time with the girls.
I'm proud of you! You are welcome back anytime. (well you better hurry since we move in one month)
Thanks Krista and Josh for showing us around the city. Tell Snarky and Rowdy hello for me:)I'm proud of you babe for making that jump of one night away from the kids, next time is Costa Rica.
Post a Comment