Thursday, October 4, 2012

11 weeks

Little miss Harper is 11 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe how fast these last 11 weeks have gone. Harper is an absolute joy to have in our family. She is such a wonderful baby and her smiles and coos truly melt your heart.

 At her 2 month appointment she weighed 9 lbs 11 oz and was 22.5 inches long. I was so excited when they told me her weight because I felt like she wasn't growing at all. However, her weight is only in the 6 percentile (I never really listen to the percentile garbage), so she is just a petite thing. They weren't worried at all about her being so small so I won't worry either. 
I have never really been a big fan of newborns. I am always wanting my kids to grow out of that phase. But with Harper, she could stay 2 months forever and I would be happy. She is sleeping 6-8 hours straight at night and taking pretty naps during the day. She loves her daddy and smiles the minute she hears his voice. Her sisters are obsessed with her and are always wanting to play with her. One day she'll appreciate that. However, right now she definitely prefers adults to hold her. We love this little lady so much.

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

So adorable. Time sure does fly by as you have more kids. It's terrible. I am excited for this baby to come out of my belly, but I don't want the newborn stage to go by too fast. I love it when they just sleep, eat and poop. It's the best.

PapaCupps said...

My youngest grand child. What a charmer. Can wait to hold her again.

PapaCupps said...

I meant can't wait to hold her again.

mapacupps said...

Keep the blogs coming. Love to see the girls and read all they are doing. Harper's a cutie.